"If your horse is not performing at its maximum potential, the cause and solution may not be obvious."
- Dr. Rachael Shuster of Shuster Equine, LLC
Having ridden since a young age, Dr. Rachael Shuster knew that she wanted to work with horses and therefore pursued equine studies. She graduated from Colorado State University, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences in 1995.
Dr. Shuster worked in various multiple-doctor equine ambulatory practices; interests were lameness, wound management, and a passion for podiatry, before starting her own practice, Shuster Equine, LLC in 2006.
Realizing that western medicine is limited in certain protocols, and wanting to increase her diagnostic skills and therapeutic options for patients, Dr. Shuster decided to further her education and became certified by the American Veterinary Chiropractic Association (AVCA) in 2002, and the Chi Institute of Chinese Medicine in Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM) in 2006 in animal chiropractic and acupuncture, respectively.
Shuster Equine, LLC encompasses chiropractic, acupuncture and dentistry while keeping in mind the importance of podiatry and western medicine diagnostic and therapeutic opportunities.
Dr. Shuster strives to keep an open, one-on-one dialogue with others working with your horse, including your regular veterinarian, farrier, trimmer, massage therapist or trainer.
She continues to expand her knowledge, furthering her skills in servicing horses to be the best that they can be. Through her ongoing commitment to continued education, Dr. Shuster attends multiple professional meetings and one-on-one sessions with colleagues throughout the year.
Dr. Shuster is a member of:
- American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- New Jersey Association of Equine Practitioners (NJAEP)
- American Veterinary Chiropractic Association (AVCA)
- American Academy of Veterinary Acupuncture (AAVA)
- International Veterinary Acupuncture Society (IVAS)
- American Veterinary Dental Society (AVDS)
- American Farrier’s Association (AFA)
- Garden State Horseshoer’s Association (GSHA)
Dr. Shuster is licensed in: